Thank you for choosing Great Lakes Dental Excellence as your dental care provider. We are committed to your treatment being successful. Your clear understanding of our financial policy is important to our professional relationship.
Full Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Other options include CareCredit® and Health Care Credit.
Ask our staff about financing programs available for a wide range of credit histories. We’ll help you select a monthly payment that fits your budget.
GLDE Care PlanDownload Plan Info
In order for us to bill your insurance claim correctly, we must have all complete billing information. Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. We are not a party to that contract. We will provide billing as a courtesy to our patients. We allow a 45-day grace period for all insurance claim payments to arrive. After the grace period, any unpaid balance will be billed to the patient. All unpaid balances will remain the responsibility of the patient. Please be aware that some, and perhaps all, of the services provided may be considered non-covered services. ALL CO-PAYS AND DEDUCTIBLES WILL BE EXPECTED AT TIME OF SERVICE.
Our courtesy service to you includes:
- Filing your insurance within 24-hours of your visit and requesting payment of your benefit to our office.
- Electronically filing your insurance for short turnaround.
- Researching your dental insurance plan to advise you of benefits available to you.
- Re-filing your insurance a second time within 45 days.
- Following the American Dental Association guidelines for coding procedures and filing insurance.
Our expectations of you as the owner of the policy:
- Payment of fees not covered by your insurance plan at the time the service is delivered.
- Understanding that the insurance policy belongs to you and we have no leverage to obtain payment from your insurance carrier.
- Realizing that dental insurance policies restrict payment for some services, use restricted fee schedules (called Usual and Customary Rates) and exclude some procedures based on prior conditions or length of time on the plan. All restrictions are based on the premium paid for insurance, not our fees or recommended treatment.
- Taking responsibility for payment if the insurance company does not pay our office within 60 days.
- Keeping our office informed of any changes in your insurance coverage or employment.
Important Dental Insurance
Our goal is to assist you in maximizing your benefits. We care for patients from many different insurance companies and each employer pays an insurance premium for specific coverage. Each plan is slightly different in its covered services. We encourage you to become familiar with your policy exclusions, deductible and required co-payments.
Usual and Customary Fees
Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment for our patients. We charge what is usual and customary for our area. You are responsible for payment regardless of any insurance company’s arbitrary determination of usual and customary.